iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

K is for Kiss

Every once in a while I come across a bit of verse, a snippet of a song lyric, or a line or two of thought written down by another person in Bloglandia that that I know will be something I use in my Alphabe-Thurday blog posts.

Recently, I came across this - 

Titled simply "Kiss", it was written by Josiah W Tobey, whose blog can be found at joshiahwtobey.files.wordpress.com..

When I read it, the first thought that came into my mind was 'Wow'. This is the first image that I thought of -


This work is titled 'The Kiss' by Gustave Klimt.  It is considered one of the world's most recognizable paintings.   Klimt used gold leafing in his work, which gives the image a glowing radiant quality. I never tire of looking at Klimt's work, as the varied textures and patterns within his paintings give something new to discover each time.

And, zooming around Bloglandia, you never know what you will come across next - which brings me to a delightful little play on word and images - 'The Kiss', by Kate Gabrielle, whose work can be found at many different sites.   I found 'The Kiss' at  http://giveyourwallsasenseofhumor.blogspot.com/.  I think it is quite
klever  ; ) -

Check out Klimt's body of work, you will find much to delight the eye, and if you look into the history of many of his paintings you will find some fascinating stories about the fate of some of these paintings in the days leading up to WW2.

Today's Alphabe-Thursday has been brought to you by the letter K and the kreative and klever kids I found in Bloglandia who kontributed to this post.
Join us at Alphabe-Thursday by clicking on the link to the right. It's great fun!

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully fun post for the letter K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kiss is my favorite art! I have a print hanging in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how the arrangement of a few words can be used to create something beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little piece! And I, too, love Klimt's work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully creative post and photos for 'K" ~

    Carol of A Creative Harbor ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. I love that imagery.

    I adore when you get a kiss that sets the sky on fire!

    Wow.

    That just gives me the shivers!

    Thanks for a wonderfully kreative link for the letter 'K'.

    A+

    ReplyDelete