iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Q is for Quote -

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore!" -  who doesn't know that little quote?  Even if one is not a fan of old Edgar, that quote is surely recognizable. 

Quotes, bon mots, pearls of wisdoms, call them whatever you like, just know that when they come out of the mouth of someone (usually famous) and they hit a nerve, hit the nail on the head, cause one to stop and rethink, or even think for the first time, well they tend to get remembered, written down, compiled in a quote blog, etc etc etc.

Oftentimes, the quotes are infact, misquoted.  Music soothes the savage beast. Um...no. That would be Music soothes the savage breast.   (personally, I think beast makes more sense!)

Anyway, I am a major fan of quotes made by Mae West and Dorothy Parker. (Kind of gives you an idea of what I may have been like in my youth!!!)  And, I will admit it, I am WILDE about Oscar Wilde, also.

There are also quotes about human beings interaction and treatment of animals that endure in their wisdom.It seems the more things change, the more they stay the same.  - The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

I came across this quote today, and I am rather taken with it.  It rings true to me.  There are so many people in the world who are not glamorous, famous, rich, successful, they may not be decorated heros, or police officers or firemen (the bravest of the brave!). They are just the people that we see on the bus, walking down the block, pushing the shopping cart in the grocery. The man who gets up and goes to work at a job he hates because he has to feed his kids.  The mom who forgoes a new winter coat for another year, so the kids can have Christmas.  You get the point.  These are people who I am pretty sure were the inspiration for

Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says ‘I’ll try again tomorrow.’”

                                                                    - Mary Anne Radmacher

Do you have a favorite quote, or have you come across one recently that you added to your own little quote-cache?


11 comments:

  1. One of my favorite quotes is attributed to Julia Child "I love to cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food!"

    hah!

    xxoo,

    RMW

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great quote! hmmm. i don't think i have a favorite quote. at least, i can't think of one right now… so maybe i'll take your radmacher one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have given us a great challenge -- to collect all those bit and pieces of paper (and computer memory) into one place...As for your quote, I believe I remember seeing it on the wall of a humane society in New York many years ago. Just about perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative post ~ loved all your quotes ~ mine is usually ~ 'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' ~ Helen Keller ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post. I do love all those quotes, especially the one about how we treat our animals. My current favorite quote is, "Should you find yourself the victim of other people's ignorance, smallness or insecurities, remember things could be worse. You could be one of those people." Kathy Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The Raven," with Price, Karloff and Lorre is a fun old movie from 1963. And you can quote me on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love quotes and your share today is quite wonderful! Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your quotes are lovely; one of my favorites and one I remind myself in my work with people is, "you teach best what you most need to learn." It was penned by Richard Bach. It is a good reminder to me that when someone has been successful as a co-traveler with me, I need to be aware of what I have given (there's great responsibility there) and of what I have need of receiving (to grow in my being as well). thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two favorite quotes:

    "You can be right or you can be happy. Never sacrifice your happiness for the sake of being right."

    "The path of least resistance often leads to the place of least reward."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love quotes, and the ones you've posted here are really hitting home with me also.

    I have so many favorite ones, and sometimes I rather use quotes for my posts, rather than what I have to say :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love quotes!

    I'm surprised by how much strength I gain from them!

    This is quite a lovely link for the letter "Q".

    Thank you for sharing it.

    A+

    ReplyDelete