iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Frosty Friday, well, okay, very chilly Friday



I think that the Fall weather has arrived. It is kind of chilly out there today. Happily the heating system has been replaced and everything is nice and warm inside!



Today's photo is a little confusing for me. I think that this was a postcard, but not an RPPC, rather though, a commercially printed one. I am not really sure. Whatever it is, it is in rough shape, but the image is very clear. Although the face of the young girl is not exactly sad, it seems to be guarded. A beautiful face without a trace of joy in it. And, that chubby little baby, well, I just love that hat.



A printing notice on the back says it is from Newcastle-on-Tyne. The tune of some old song rang in my head about 'coals to Newcastle' - which was the poor house a long long time ago in England. Does anyone know if this is the same Newcastle as the one in the song?



Whatever the image represents, I wanted to share it with you because I just thought it was interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment