iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, December 2, 2011

December's first Friday is here . . .



December has arrived here with a chill in the air. It is very very cold in the barns. Friday mornings my daughter has a dressage lesson, rain, shine, hot, cold. The horses and ponies all seem to love the chilly air, they have been quite frisky lately.



Personally, I do not like the cold. (It may have something to do with being stranded for days in an unheated cabin in Bear Mountain NY. Having to crack the ice to get water is not my idea of fun. Not to mention no indoor plumbing of any kind, and what that entails. Ugh. Need I say more? Thankfully, I was young, I was game for an adventure. I was C O L D. And, I vowed "As God is my witness, I will never be cold again!" (to paraphrase another woman).



Today's photo features a little girl who evidently shares my aversion to cold. Heavy little coat and a hat and a fur muff all keep her toasty warm - I hope.



The countdown to Christmas and Chanukkah begins. Shopping and wrapping, baking, and planning, every one is busy at this time of year. Hope that your busy activites are ones that bring you pleasure during this holiday season.






1 comment:

  1. hi verna. it is hard to believe it's december already. i've not done a bit of xmas shopping either. i just got back from florida and i was loving the weather there! i'm with you on not liking the cold one bit. i hope you are doing well! i miss you. love, roc

    ReplyDelete