iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Z is for Zombies - Yes they still are staggering around, undead and unexplainable to me

Well, we are at the end of another round of Alphabe-Thursday, and today we end with the very popular letter Z!!!

Several years ago I wrote about my loathing of Zombies.  The entire concept of Zombies and their little falling of bits and pieces are just gross.

Now, of course, zombies continue to thrive, on the television - The Walking Dead -  more trash novels about zombies (including zombie love interests - the mind boggles and the stomach simply GAGS at the thought!). The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, both by Max Brooks have a cult following, so much so, that a major motion picture was made.  With Brad Pitt in the lead, no less.

But, even Brad Pitt could not breath life into this Zombie movie.  It premiered, it went to video, and pretty much, I think it is staggering around the cable stations, no doubt leaving little bits and pieces of itself here and there.   I am assuming Zombies don't smell great, and I think perhaps the WWZ movie may be a little stinky too.

I confess, I read both the Survival Guide and WWZ - at my son's request - and since he and I share a love of comic books, I obliged.  We have had some strange and interesting conversations about the books. He says the movie is a dud.  I refuse to look at it.  So, I will take his opinion as my own, since he knows how I feel about those Z people (and Brad Pitt for the matter!)  The Zombies are disgusting and the Pitt is just too pretty for my taste.   Anyway, I digress.

I continue to hope someone will be able to explain to me the fascination and fan craze for the Walking Dead.
Yuck.

Oh, a little bit of trivia - Max Brooks is the son of Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft.  I would love to hear the conversations in their house while Max was growing up. I'd like to think it was a bit like mine and Elliott's - because we had, and continue to have a great time talking about the ZZZZZZZZZZZZs.



10 comments:

  1. walking dead is on TV here, and yes, like you, I have grown much wiser to watch these zombie shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate no time for zombie stuff either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah well, every generation has its uniqueness ~ enjoy the weekend ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I don't understand the craze about zombies, but a friend of mine tells me it is more about other things like being prepared to survive and such as that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess they don't creep me out as much as it's become quite boring - does everything have to have a zombie in it? I did like Shawn of the Dead, but I'm really over it now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't care for the really gross zombie movies so if my gross-meter goes way up, I don't look! But I think the various zombie commercials are hysterical and watch them every time! However, I might like to take a look at Brad Pitt as a zombie :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched World War Z at an on open air cinema in Munich on a warm summer night. The atmosphere was great -- and I really liked the movie. There was one scene -- when Brad Pitt stops to drink from a soda can while the zombies are coming -- when the whole audience laughed. Fantastic memory -- and I am glad that tastes are different. The world would be so boring otherwise...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen The Walking Dead yet... maybe never will. I prefer my zombies in books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an entertaining anti-zombie post! And we, my friend, are in complete agreement.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would try to zoom by any zombies that come across my path...

    They are too scary for me...

    But that is a cool way for you and your son to connect!

    Zany post for the letter "Z"!

    A+

    ReplyDelete