iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

It's Friday! Here's Verna!



As many of you may know, I do not like my name. But, it seems that this name is determined to find me. I have accumulated several photos of little girls who have been saddled with this name. This is the first one I got. I bought the photo on Ebay and when it arrived, I turned it over and there on the back was written Verna Pettit.

Check out the shine on her little black boots. Spiffy! Hope you can used the image in something fun!


On another, more serious note, May is Food Allergy, Celiac Disease and Asthma Awareness Month. If, like me, you have a family member with food allergies, or Latex allergies and/or asthma, you know that education and information about these conditions are an important aspect of dealing with the challenges of these conditions.

Allergies to Latex, different foods, meds and asthma are a regular part of my daugther's life. Recently, she got a new book called "Alllergic Girl", written by Sloane Miller. Miller is the titular 'allergic girl'. The book chronicles her adventures (and misadventures) dealing with allergies as a young woman in the real world. Any one who is or has dealings with allergies may find the book interesting.

Meanwhile, there is also a website newsletter about allergies that may be useful to anyone interested in the subject. Check out -

http://allergicliving.com/

If anyone would like to share their experiences dealing with these allergies or others, I would love to hear from you.

In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. V ivacious
    E nergetic
    R esourceful
    N ice
    A dventurous

    Have a wonderful, creative day!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that certainly made my morning!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful young girl, with a beautiful name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a wonderful aunt named Verna. Your little Verna Pettit is adorable; her face seems to be shining as much as her shoes:)

    ReplyDelete