iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday freebie - Three Sisters


Today's little photo is a RPPC (real photo post card) of 3 sisters. Sometimes, when I buy a photo it is just for one small part of it. In this case, I would have to say, I got this card for the sister in the middle. That little face just looks so sweet and sad. The big sisters don't look to happy either, but the little one, she just grabbed me. Note the necklace on the youngest. That is, I think, a coral bead necklace. I read somewhere that babies and young children wore them as a way to ward off disease (I think it was cholera). I love looking at old photographs. I always wonder what happened to the people in the pictures. This card has no identifying marks on it at all, so they 3 sisters will remain a mystery. The BLAH BLAH BLAH applies, as always (as in - use freely in your work BUT do not sell this image either individually or as part of a set. Free means free. For everyone.)

1 comment:

  1. I am like you. I more often than not buy a photo for one little detail rather than the love of the whole.
    I also think it is a bonus to have names on the back but I enjoy making up old fashioned names for the nameless faces.
    Thanks for offering this beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete