iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A literary rant -

What is with the rash of new fiction that is being offered with these very ambiguous, rushed, conclusions?

Of the novels I have read recently, an editor would have done well to sharpen his red pencil and lob off about 50 or so pages from each.  Then, of course, when you slog through to the final chapter, everything seems to be mushed together, and hurried to culminate in a last page that makes you wish you had never even started the novel in the first place. UGH.

I won't say which novels they are, because, I don't want to discourage another person's reading, but, if anyone has any ideas about this I sure would love to know what your thoughts are.  Frankly, I am at the point where I am going to start reading the LAST page BEFORE the FIRST!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed this trend, too. See it in movies as well and it quite annoys me.

    ReplyDelete