iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Yesterday . . .

Yesterday, I was sitting here frantically searching for something worthy of the letter Y. I looked for paintings, artists, poems, books, but nothing caught my fancy. ( I did learn that the name Yancey means 'of unknown origin', the mind boggles to think why someone would name their kid that, knowing what it means..)....


Y......y......what begins with y??? Young. Yes, young begins with y. And, just thinking about being young can start a yearning for those days. Bittersweet. If ever a word perfectly expressed the thoughts of being young, that would be a perfect one in my opinion.

Thoughts of being younger usually bring along thoughts of 'what if', 'if only', 'if', 'shoulda, woulda, coulda'. And, of course, that old adage 'Oh, to be young again, but know what I know now".

Well, if we knew then what we know now, we wouldn't be the people we are today. All of the trials and tribulations of youth contributed to the person we are today. Hopefully, we are happy with the person we have become. If not, well, there is still time to change things. Even though yesterday is gone, and today we are here, we still have tomorrow.

This is a link to the song, Yesterday, written and performed by John Lennon/Paul McCartney. Whenever I hear it I am reminded of my teenage years with all the drama, comedy, joy, sorrow and just plain old living. Loved the song then, and still love it today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrA4xqxIVY


Alphabe-thursday can be accessed via the link to the right. 



7 comments:

  1. Great thoughts and a timeless song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday and young - good y words! Enjoyed visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i never want to be young again ... but i do want my body to behave as if it was young ... that's the only part of aging that i dont like ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you bet! When the body starts going, it really seems to do it downhill, gaining speed with each passing year!! Help, where are the brakes????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've thought a lot about youth these past few days. All the cliches are true - you're only as young as you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that song.

    Most of the time I am settled into the age I am...but, ohohoh, once in awhile I am just captivated and entranced by the poignant refrain of coulda/shoulda/woulda.

    Thanks for this love link.

    I adore that song, too.

    A+

    ReplyDelete