iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday, freebie and ....





This RPPC is in sad shape.  The bottom is quite cracked, but the image is still clear and sharp.  This is Beatrice and Ray Clemens.   They are certainly fine little children.  Mommy and Daddy must have been quite pleased to send this to family and friends.  I think that we all have some special photos of our children, often, just a quick snap of the camera, nothing formal, but for that one second the camera caught the image of the children that we see in our hearts.
                                                 *    *    *    *    *
Although this blog is not one that has loads of info or examples of my work, or that has a post every day of the week, I do pride myself on the fact that with few exceptions I have not missed a Friday freebie posting since the start up.  I began this blog as a way to 'give back' to the art community,  new or not seen before images from the past to be used in art work, etc.  For many years others had done the same, providing images that sparked my imagination and spurred me on the create some quite clever and unique pieces.  Whenever I downloaded an image from another site, I always tried to leave a comment to let the blog owner know that I had stopped by.  It may not seem like much, but, you know what? It is much. Comments let bloggers know that someone comes and looks around, maybe even download a photo.  Something.  Comments also help bloggers see what is and isn't working for their site.  So, if you have taken the time to read this posting, do give some thought to possibly stopping to say hello.  It's just nice. And, as Patrick, my godson nephew says "Nice is good".

2 comments:

  1. Nice is good indeed. I do check your blog on Friday's, always interested to see what you've posted. I have on occasion saved an image, but my main interest is just seeing the old pictures. I've been working at leaving comments, for a long time I didn't, always felt I didn't really have anything "important" to say. Guess it doesn't need to be important, right? I will add a thank you for keeping up your posts.. I do always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marda, it is nice to know that others enjoy seeing the old photos too. And,the fact that you stop by to check out the photos is important to me. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete