iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Sun and The Moon




The Sun and The Moon offer so much inspiration for ATCs and other art work. I always like to see how they are used in different artists' work. I recently finished two pieces featuring the Celestial Sisters. Both are collages using vintage images of little children and whimsical versions of the Sun and the Moon. The Sun balloon is made from a small PaperWhimsy sun face. The Moon is from a stamp I found in the sale bin at a Rubber Stamp Convention about 2 years ago. I think it is my favorite version of the moon, and have used it in several different pieces. They are "Here comes the Sun" (I know, not very original, but I do think that is a wonderful song!) and "Lucine and the Moon".

3 comments:

  1. great job! i really love the little girl holding the sunflower! that's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are *so* sweet! I love working with vintage photos and other images :-)

    ReplyDelete