iGive to UNTAMED SPIRIT Therapeutic Riding & Educational Program

iGive.com
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

My favorite time of year is coming!


School supplies are in the stores. Parents and kids are rushing around with lists in hand stocking up on all the new papers, pens, pencils and lunch boxes(? do kids still use them?)getting ready for the first day of school.
Halloween candy is already in the stores, and little bumblebee costumes or pirates, witches, and scary masks, and plastic pumpkins to carry all the goodies home in. I love the fall, I love the colors of fall, the smells of apples and pumkin pie spices, the beginning of the crisp air that says goodbye to the sweltering heat of summer. The trees changing from glorious green to glowing reds and gold.
Going to Barnes & Noble today and finding Somerset Studios very special Halloween issue for Sept/Oct 2009 waiting there to be snapped up - and coming home and finding the art work of someone whose talent I admire greatly - none other than Marsha Jorgensen (or Miss Fish, as I always think of her) of the wonderful TumbleFishe Studio - featured there. Well! This just made my morning! Because Hurricane Danny is sending some ugly rainy weather this way all weekend I get to spend the weekend working on my Halloween art and reading my new magazine! Check out Marsha's blog to see some gorgeous work. And check out the new Somerset Halloween issue - it is just yummy!

2 comments:

  1. You sweetheart! Thanks for noticing and mentioning!

    Let me tell you, I can't wait for summer to leave this year. It is unusually very, very hot here - around 104 with air moving at all and fires burning nearby so we are covered in smoke here. Yuck! I happily welcome fall and Halloween and cooler weather!

    I'm off to see what else I've missed lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i have to get that magazine! i always love seeing who i "know" in them!

    ReplyDelete